Standing in front of Northwest Indiana's first Veterans Build house, Speros A. Batistatos, president and CEO of the South Shore Convention and Visitors Authority, announced a Veteran's Day event that will honor all veterans and benefit local veteran organizations - NWI Veterans Action Council, Habitat for Humanity of Northwest Indiana, and American Legion Post 94.
The event, A Lifetime of Showbiz, is a collaborative effort between the South Shore CVA and Star Plaza Theatre, and will include a one-on-one conversation with World War II veteran W.F. "Bill" Wellman, "Inside the Actors Studio" format.
"Mr. Wellman has made many contributions to Northwest Indiana, to the hospitality industry and to veteran organizations and causes," said Batistatos. "Even in retirement, Mr. Wellman is actively seeking ways of contributing to the region."
• Opening remarks by U.S. Representative Peter J. Visclosky
• Interview with World War II veteran W.F. "Bill" Wellman
• Jim Cornelison from the Chicago Blackhawks
• American Legion Post 94 Color Guard
• Valparaiso High School Band
• Indiana Fallen Heroes Placards
Tickets for the event will cost either $15 or $20 per person.
Or purchase tickets at the following locations:
• Star Plaza Theatre Box Office, 8001 Delaware Place, Merrillville
• Indiana Welcome Center, 7770 Corinne Drive in Hammond
• Habitat for Humanity of Northwest Indiana's ReStore, 6114 W. Ridge Road in Gary
• American Legion Post 94 in Valparaiso, 4 Monroe Street in Valparaiso
Albert’s Diamond Jewelers located at 711 Main Street in Schererville has purchased 200 tickets for region veterans. Tickets are available at their store, free of charge, to veterans who would like to attend. Tickets must be picked up at the Schererville store during regular business hours and are available on a first-come-first-serve basis. No purchase is necessary.
Net proceeds will be donated to the NWI Veterans Action Council and Habitat for Humanity of Northwest Indiana to be used for a future Veterans Build home, and the American Legion Post 94 in Valparaiso.
For more information, contact the South Shore Convention and Visitors Authority at 219-989-7770.