Boo at the Zoo
This event has already passed. Please check our calendar for more fun events in the region!
115 Lakeshore Drive
Michigan City, IN 46360
- Phone: (219) 873-1510
- Time: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Price: Regular admission rates apply.
Scared that you don’t have any plans for Halloween this year? Make plans to fly your broomstick down to the Washington Park Zoo with your young goblins, ghosts, princesses, and zooperheros to spend a merry and not so scary day with the animals on October 24th, 25th or 31st.
This year, in light of COVID-19 safety concerns, a few changes had to take place in order to keep everyone as safe as possible for this family tradition to continue. Those modifications include:
Advanced tickets are required for a time entry reservation, due to the limited number of guests that we are able to allow.
- The zoo will be pre-packaging treat bags for each child admission ticket to collect upon exiting from the zoo.
- There will not be treat stations located around the zoo as in the past. This is being done to prevent crowding and eliminate additional touchpoints.
- Protective face masks are not required for guests to enjoy the zoo, but are certainly encouraged. Masks must be worn to enter the buildings, the aviary and restroom.
- Halloween costumes continue to be encouraged for all young attendees.
- Social distancing will be enforced and there are some one-way paths through the zoo, as well as signage reminders.
- Traditional Halloween themed decorations and pumpkins will be sprinkled through the zoo for festive fun and family photo opportunities.
- Holiday-themed enrichments will be provided to the zoo’s animal friends throughout the day.
- The zoo concession stands will be open for normal service.
- The event will take place rain or shine.
- Please plan on bringing a stroller, wagon or wheel chair if you should require the use of one, since the zoo is not able to rent them out at this time.
- The Observation Tower and Safari Train will remain closed for the season.
- Only those with a Boo reservation will be permitted into the zoo on the event dates. No walk-up visitors will be accepted on any of the three dates.
- These event dates will sell out. Due to the capacity safety restrictions and the limited candy supplies, so we recommend that you do not delay in purchasing your tickets, because once we are sold out the event date will be closed.
- Each Boo reservation date will start at 10:00 a.m. and end at 2:00 p.m. with the zoo closing at 4:00 p.m.
- To comply with the social distancing policy, we ask that guests do not arrive at the zoo entrance any earlier or later than 20 minutes from your appointment time.
- Washington Park Zoo members are free, but you must have your zoo pass and a photo ID. Advance reservations must be made for a timed entry due to limited capacity.
Thank you to all of our local station sponsors who are helping to make this event happen for the families in the community.
We are still looking for local businesses, classes, clubs and community partnerships to be candy sponsors. If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the marketing details.
Regular admission fee apply. Advance reservations and tickets can be purchased at the Zoo office.