Ten Minute Play Festival
December 5, 2021 - December 14, 2021
125 N Fourth St
Chesterton, IN 46304
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Time: 8:00 PM
Due to COVID-19 - we will be producing the plays selected in 2020 in November 2021.
Plays for 2021 will be:
- The Unforgivable Sin of Forgiveness by Rich Orloff, Synopsis: Who is the wronged party? That's the question that arises when a wife admits a shameful secret to her husband and gets a surprising response.
- Second Story Jobs by Fred Tacon, Synopsis: After falling in the bathroom and losing a tooth, Huey puts it under his pillow. He didn’t really expect anyone to show up, especially not her.
- Closing Doors by John Minigan, Synopsis: When fourth-grade teacher Sandra is called on the carpet by an old friend and Assistant Principal Valerie for breaking protocol in an active shooter drill, they must decide how they can protect both their students and their friendship.
- Poetry, Prose, and… Pirates! By Ken Preuss, Synopsis: An author attending a monthly meeting of her critique circle discovers some unexpected and unethical similarities between her writing and that of her peers.
- Gram Scams by Cary Pepper, Synopsis: GRANDMA (70) is at home when the phone rings. It’s her grandson MICHAEL (20’s). "I’m in Canada. I was in an accident. My jaw is wired and I can barely talk. I need $15,000 to pay hospital bills and get my car fixed.” What loving grandma could resist helping out her desperate grandson? Perhaps one who’s a little more savvy and up-to-date than most people would think.
- Remembered by John Mabey, Synopsis: Doris, 61, is trying to work up the courage to sell the home she grew up in. Peter, 24, is the young realtor who is trying, for the fourth time, to help her do that. The weight of a life remembered makes this hard but gives us a look at the relationship that has developed between the two.
- Minor Deviations by Erin Osgood, Synopsis: McNally’s wife was one in a million. After her untimely death, McNally looks for a caregiver for their children but struggles to find the right match. He eventually finds one, but the price is more than he anticipates.
- Finding Help by Marj O’Neill-Butler, Synopsis: Daphne and her Mother are at loggerheads concerning assisted living or a caregiver. When Daphne tries to solve the problem, she is surprised by her Mother's attitude.
Performances: November 5-14, 2021
All performances are at 8 pm except on Sundays, which begins at 3 pm.