Please note: We recommend calling ahead to businesses and attractions you plan to visit for requirements and hours of operation.
Gabis Arboretum at Purdue Northwest (formerly Taltree)
450 West 100 North
Valparaiso, IN 46385
- The Railway Garden will reopen August 8, 2020 and will be open weekends 10am to 2pm through October 31.
- Reserve your tickets for the garden here.
- There are two portable restrooms located on site (near the Depot and near the entrance parking lot).
- Guests must maintain social distance of at least 6-feet from others. Masks are required when that is not possible.
- The playground is open and social distancing and hand sanitizing is required.
Dog-friendly hiking trails, gardens, children's adventure area, and model train garden. Weekly events, classes, exhibits and bird-watching programs. Choose an activity or claim a quiet corner surrounded by 330 acres of natural inspiration. Themed displays include the Hitz Family Rose Garden, Native Plant Garden, Oak Islands, Children's Adventure Garden and the Railway Garden.
Gabis Arboretum offers Mobility Tours for guests. Tours last one hour and take guests through four gardens at the Arboretum. The carts can accommodate up to 13 people, and the cost is $5/person (plus regular admission). Make your reservation one week in advance by calling (219) 742-8147.
Daily Admission Fees
Non-members should purchase their ticket online before their visit here.
- $10 per carload (includes cars, vans, RVs and motorcycles)
- $25 per minibus (9 to 16 passengers)*/$45 per tour bus (17+ passengers)*
- Admissions is free for Gabis Arboretum members, Purdue Northwest students (valid student ID is required), bicyclists and those entering the arboretum on foot
* Group tickets must be purchased one week in advance by contacting the office at 219-462-0025 or emailing email@example.com. Arrangements must be made for a separate entrance gate for tour buses.