Positions will be displayed below when available.
Position Title: Maintenance / Full Time
Email Resume to: email@example.com
2022 Hourly Wage: $21.22
Basic Functions: The maintenance support staff, in concert with the Chief Operation Officer and the Facilities Coordinator, will assist in maintaining the Bureau’s primary capital asset at the Indiana Welcome Center. Provide the visitor with a safe, secure, comfortable environment critical to the visitors’ enjoyable experience while at the facility. Assist in maintaining the facility and physical assets through ongoing preventative maintenance programs to ensure all mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and general systems are operating in accordance with established standards. Take corrective action where required to maintain safety of public and work areas, as directed by the President/CEO, Chief Operation Officer, Facilities Coordinator, or Visitor Services Manager.
- Conduct routine inspections and complete daily checklist for preventative maintenance of all space with regards to electrical, plumbing, audio, video, heating, carpentry and air conditioning. Reports any and all concerns to Facilities Coordinator.
- As directed by the Facilities Coordinator, assist with the repair or replacement of carpentry, electrical including light fixtures, plumbing, audio, video, heating and air conditioning including but not limited to: filters on air handlers, windows, doors, locks and keys, housekeeping and kitchen equipment, as needed.
- Adhere to calendar of preventative maintenance routines.
- Coordinate with Facilities Coordinator the schedule of repair maintenance orders relating to all spaces, including but not limited to: drywall repair and painting of walls and floors.
- Responsible for exterior ground maintenance, including but not limited to: emptying garbage cans, picking up trash from pavement and parking lot, appropriate use of recycling and trash dumpsters, landscaping, as required by the season and snow removal as required by the season.
- Maintain continuous communication with Facilities Coordinator for proper use of all tools, safety equipment, machinery and other equipment, including forklift and man lift.
- Assist the Facilities Coordinator and Visitor Services Manager with the set-up and tear-down of any/all groups, exhibits, functions, etc. to maintain customer satisfaction and smooth transition within the operation of the facility.
- Assist the Visitor Services Manager with brochure load in / load out, as needed.
- Capable of using hand and power tools, precision measuring and testing devices to diagnose and repair equipment.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with all other departments to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment.
- In the absence of the Chief Operations Officer and/or the Facilities Coordinator report to the Visitor Services Manager or the Manager on Duty (MOD).
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President/CEO, Chief Operation Officer, Facilities Coordinator, Visitor Services Manager, or the Manager on Duty (MOD).
Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job; they are intended to be reflections of the principal job elements essential for that position.
- Knowledge in the following areas is preferred:
- General Carpentry
- Landscaping & Gardening
High school diploma preferred, able to lift up to 50lbs, knowledge of landscaping equipment and snow blowers, as well as proper use of safety equipment. Must have or be able to obtain a valid driver’s license.
Position Title: Visitor Services Manager
Email Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary Negotiable based on Experience!
FLSA Exemption: Exempt- Administrative
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Summary: The Visitor Services Manager is responsible for the operation and presentation of the public areas of the Indiana Welcome Center as well as maintaining a high standard of service to all guests. This person acts as the lead ambassador for the South Shore and all of its many attractions and oversees all services offered to guests from the Indiana Welcome Center including all retail operations and Identogo identity services. The Visitor Services Manager also acts as the coordinator for all special events that take place at the Indiana Welcome Center.
- Manage all aspects of hourly visitor services staff.
- Create weekly schedules and monitor requests for time off from visitor services staff.
- In coordination with the Chief Operation Officer, review, interview, and hire applicants for visitor services staff.
- Provide feedback and disciplinary action if necessary to all visitor services staff.
- Provide all training for all newly hired staff on standard operating procedures for visitor services areas.
- Works with the Facilities Coordinator to always ensure a safe environment for both guests and staff.
- Reports visitor center activity monthly.
- Works with Marketing and IT departments to monitor visitation trends and reports concerns or feedback.
- Oversees distribution of all bureau publications (rack cards, visitor guides).
- Utilizes all communication tools as necessary to ensure proper communication to staff (slack, staff meetings)
- Managing day-to-day operations of the Indiana Welcome Center Gift Shop and all other retail operations.
- Maintain proper shop records for daily cash reports and inventory control.
- Receive direct deliveries from suppliers and process necessary documentation such as invoices.
- Maintain inventory control, receiving, and merchandise displays.
- Manage POS system and ensure accurate merchandise information is kept up to date.
- Train staff on good sales techniques such as suggestive and add-on selling.
- Always ensure a well-stocked and clean appearance of the store.
- Works with Chief Financial Officer to create annual gift shop budget.
- Develops promotions to encourage increased sales.
- Performs all merchandise purchasing for the gift shop and all-event driven exhibits.
- Acts as Manager on Duty (MOD) as directed by the Chief Operation Officer.
- Works with the Facilities Coordinator to ensure proper set-up and tear down for any groups, exhibits, or functions occurring at the Indiana Welcome Center.
- Maintains proper communication with all staff about all events happening at the Indiana Welcome Center.
- Work with the Lead Travel Counselor to oversee the daily operations of Identogo services.
- Manage the inventory and sales of all South Shore Poster products.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to be an exhaustive list of duties, activities, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Work Environment: While this job routinely operates in a typical professional office environment, work activities will occur at off-site locations on occasion that might have a louder standard noise volume (i.e. casinos, restaurants). This position regularly utilizes standard office machinery such as copiers, fax machines, computers, and paper shredders.
Physical Demands: The role typically requires the ability to sit for the majority of the day while having the occasional need to lift approximately 25 lbs.
Expected Work Schedule: 40+ hours per week, days and times will vary depending on business needs.
Travel: This position will not require any travel outside of the local area on a regular basis.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years retail management experience.
- Previous event management experience.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- College degree; Business Management or similar.
- Experience within the hospitality industry.
- Experience in building quality relationships with diverse groups.
- Experience handling multiple projects with multiple deadlines.
Additional Eligibility Requirements: Excellent oral and written communication skills, pleasant demeanor when interacting with staff and various publics, understands the importance of media relations within a public organization.