Valentine's Day is just around the corner. Need some ideas for a great restaurant in Northwest Indiana for a romantic dinner with your sweetie? Check out these terrific options, pick your favorite, make your reservation and get ready to impress your special someone with delicious cuisine and wonderful ambiance!
- Sage Restaurant – Sage Restaurant in Valparaiso features American-Italian cuisine with a farm-to-fork flair. Known for their handmade pasta, tempting entrees and chic restaurant, Sage will surely satisfy. Valentine's Day, Sage will be serving the full dinner menu as well as a $70 per couple Sweetheart Menu.
- Asparagus – Experience fine dining at Merrillville's Asparagus in a serenely elegant, Zen-like environment while savoring dishes freshly fashioned from the cuisines of Thailand, Vietnam and the Americas, all infused with classic French culinary artistry.
- Bartlett's Fish Camp – Head to Bartlett's Fish Camp, located in the historic Michigan City Yacht Club. It offers the region's largest and freshest selection of seafood - including a raw bar. While seafood is a focus, there is something on the menu for everyone.
- 54 Main Bistro - Enjoy a unique and casual fine-dining experience at this waterfront Victorian Cottage in Hobart. With a wonderful selection of American contemporary cuisine, fresh fish options, and signature martinis, this date night won’t disappoint!
- Farmhouse Restaurant – With its many seating options and beautiful fireplace, Farmhouse Restaurant at Fair Oaks Farms is a wonderful place for a scrumptious meal, cocktails and a variety of wines.
- Radius – Located in Valparaiso, Radius is an upscale gourmet restaurant. They specialize in gourmet and fresh prime burgers, but they also have dinner specialties such as their in-house fettuccine Alfredo and famous tender baby back ribs.
- Patrick's Grille – This fine dining restaurant in Michigan City has a cosmopolitan, yet comfortable ambiance serving delicious steak, seafood, pasta and more.
- Byway Brewing – The brewery in Hammond is hosting a special 5-course dinner on Valentine's Day, presented by Byway's executive chef and his team. Get your reservation now!
- Lighthouse Restaurant – Nestled on the shores of beautiful Cedar Lake, Lighthouse Restaurant features a large menu with delectable offerings. Surrounded by windows, you can enjoy the scenery of the woods and the water while savoring cuisine that is found nowhere else in the region.
- Pikk's Tavern – Located in downtown Valparaiso, Pikk's Tavern resembles a 1940s Chicago steakhouse with its warm and inviting ambiance. Diners can enjoy delicious Valentine's Day specials, topping them off with an amazing chocolate cake with raspberry sauce.
- Bugatti's Steak and Pasta – Bugatti’s at Ameristar Casino Hotel in East Chicago specializes in serving choice cut steaks along with your favorite seafood dishes. Complete your date by spending some time in the casino then spend the night at the hotel.
- Freddy's Steak House - Located in Hammond, this classic steak house serves up quality steaks, amazing seafood, and great service. You will not be disappointed with this hearty meal and warm atmosphere.
- Gamba Ristorante – Voted one of the most romantic restaurants in the region, Merrillville's Gamba Ristorante is housed in an architectural masterpiece and features classic Italian cuisine, as well as a huge wine room.
- Café Borgia – Munster is the home of this fine dining restaurant that features innovative chef's specials, as well as a delectable menu whose key is fresh ingredients. Make sure to save room for Café Borgia's delicious Italian desserts!
No matter where you live along the South Shore, you're sure to find that perfect restaurant to make this Valentine's Day one you'll remember for a long time. Now that you've picked out where you're having dinner (did you make your reservation yet?), plan the rest of the big day with the perfect gift and a fun activity.