Looking for some summer fun? Mark these things to do in northwest Indiana this summer off your bucket list!
- Hike the Dunes. Explore the Indiana Dunes National Park or the Indiana Dunes State Park.
- Take the journey at the Shrine of Christ’s Passion. Walk the pathway at this free attraction in the South Shore.
- Gather fresh produce and unique finds at Chesterton’s European Market. Open Saturdays from May through October in historic downtown Chesterton.
- Splash in downtown Valparaiso. The Splash Pad is open at Central Park Plaza so come cool off on hot summer days!
- Relax on the beaches of Lake Michigan. Grab a blanket and sunscreen and enjoy a beautiful day listening to the waves.
- Soar down a slide at Deep River Waterpark. Spend the day sliding down waterslides, lounging in the river or splashing in the wave pool.
- Camp out under the stars with family and friends.
- Explore the water trails in the South Shore. View our blog post for seasoned paddlers as well as one for those just getting started.
- Taste the South Shore’s creations of craft brews, wines, meads, ciders and spirits.
- Enjoy the gardens and trails at Friendship Botanic Gardens or Gabis Arboretum at Purdue Northwest.
Need more to do this summer? Read our blog with an A-Z list of things to do this summer in Northwest Indiana!