Spring Break is here, and there is nothing worse than a house full of bored kiddos for a week. Luckily, there is plenty to do in northwest Indiana, both inside and out! Here are some places to go and things to do throughout the region for you and your family to escape boredom!
- Bellaboo's Play and Discovery Center, Lake Station - This play zone is perfect for families with children from infants to 9 years old to use their imagination through engaging activities.
- Up Your Alley, Schererville - A family fun zone that is all ages until 9:00 p.m. Enjoy bowling, an arcade, laser tag, axe throwing (18+) and more.
- Mascot Hall of Fame, Whiting - Learn about how mascots are created and their history while having some goofy fun. Great for kids of all ages and even the parents, too.
- Olympia Lanes, Hammond - Reserve a lane for bowling with the whole family.
- Albanese Candy Factory, Hobart/Merrillville - Stock up on all your favorite candies for the week.
- Fair Oaks Farms, Fair Oaks - With primarily indoor activities and some walking outdoors, there is plenty of fun to be had around the farm plus some delicious food.
- JAK’s Warehouse, Schererville - Made for younger ones as well as teenagers, kids can try out the ropes course, go-karting, bumper cars and more.
- Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Park, Schererville - This is the perfect place to release all that pent-up energy from the school year!
- Gabis Arboretum, Valparaiso - Enjoy the beautiful paths for walking with the family. Make sure to try out the sound garden with the kiddos!
- Friendship Botanic Gardens, Michigan City - An assortment of gardens from around the world with a sensory playground for the kids.
- Indiana Dunes National Park - Go on a long hike, take in the beach views, or head to the Paul H. Douglas Center for Education for some hands-on nature learning.
- Indiana North Coast Charter Association - Whether you know how to fish or not, schedule a charter fishing day and see who can catch the biggest fish!
- Ren Art Walk, Rensselaer - The #RenArtWlk is located all over the town and consists of amazing murals painted on all kinds of buildings and structures. It also makes for the best photo ops!
- Bison at Kankakee Sands, Morocco - Come see more than 100 bison at Kankakee Sands, a birding and wildflower enthusiast's paradise with more than 7,000 acres.
- Lemon Lake County Park - Grab your frisbees and play a round of disc golf at one of their five world-class courses.
You can also check out the event calendar on our site for more to do when your kids are off.
We hope you enjoy your spring break in the South Shore, with fun activities for the family as we wait for the flowers to bloom and the days to get warmer!