Spring Break is here, and there is nothing worse than a house full of bored kiddos for a week. Luckily, there is plenty to do in northwest Indiana, both inside and out! Here are some places to go and things to do throughout the region for you and your family to escape boredom!
- Bellaboo's Play and Discovery Center, Lake Station - This play zone is perfect for families with children from infants to 9 years old to use their imagination through engaging activities.
- Mascot Hall of Fame, Whiting - Learn about how mascots are created and their history while having some goofy fun. Great for kids of all ages and even the parents, too.
- Fair Oaks Farms, Fair Oaks - With primarily indoor activities and some walking outdoors, there is plenty of fun to be had around the farm plus some delicious food.
- JAK’s Warehouse, Schererville - Fun for younger ones as well as teenagers, kids can try out the ropes course, go-karts, bumper cars and more.
- Gratefully Painted, Hammond - If your kids like to be creative, at Gratefully Painted you can pick out a special ceramic and paint it on site, too!
- Net Par, Munster & Crown Point - Swing the day away at Net Par. Their simulators deliver the most powerful and accurate golf technology in an inviting, upscale atmosphere.
- Public Bar & Rec, Crown Point - Discover endless fun with simulators, ping pong, arcade games and more!
- Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Park, Schererville - This is the perfect place to jump and release all that pent-up energy from the school year!
- Great Lakes Sports Hub, Crown Point - Whether you're looking to improve your athletic performance, have some fun, or just relax and unwind, they will have something for you. Rent out the Batbox simulator, batting cage or pitching machine, or just grab a bite in the cafe.
- Monon Connection Museum, Monon - Explore the largest private collection of railroad items shared with the public in the United States - more than 6,500 railroad items. After the museum, enjoy a delicious meal at the attached Whistle Stop Restaurant.
- Set 'Em Up, Griffith - Grab a bowling lane or play some bags (cornhole) on their huge, heated patio. Be sure to grab some delicious food as well.
- Up Your Alley, Schererville - A family fun zone where you can enjoy bowling, an arcade, laser tag, axe throwing (18+) and more.
- Olympia Lanes, Hammond - Reserve a lane for bowling with the whole family.
- Gabis Arboretum, Valparaiso - Enjoy the beautiful paths for walking with the family. Make sure to try out the Adventure Garden with the kiddos!
- Friendship Botanic Gardens, Michigan City - An assortment of gardens from around the world with a sensory playground for the kids.
- Indiana Dunes National Park - Go on a long hike, climb the sand dunes, take in the beach views and search for beach glass.
- Bison at Kankakee Sands, Morocco - Come see more than 100 bison at Kankakee Sands, a birding and wildflower enthusiast's paradise with more than 7,000 acres.
- Lemon Lake County Park - Grab your frisbees and play a round of disc golf at one of their five world-class courses.
Stock up on all your favorite candies for the week. Get your gummies at Albanese in Hobart/Merrillville and popcorn at ChicagoLand Popcorn across the street or at their location in Gary. You can also head to Morkes in Cedar Lake for delicious chocolates or visit Tethan's in Chesterton for candies and confections you won't find anywhere else.
We hope you enjoy your spring break in the South Shore, with fun activities for the family as we wait for the flowers to bloom and the days to get warmer!